Isabel Bird (24 October 2019) Senate inquiry into Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder hoped to instigate change. The Advocate, Tasmania
Category: FASD News
RESEARCH INTO THE EXPERIENCES OF MOTHERS WITH CHILDREN WITH FASD
Are you the mother of a child with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder? Researchers at Murdoch University would like to talk to you about your early experiences and the role that health professionals and family (and friends) played in influencing your decisions about drinking alcohol during pregnancy. The purpose of this study is to try and understand who it is that women go to for support and what advice is helpful. Please click on this link for further information.
The Elephant in the Womb: FSANZ Calls for Submissions on Proposed Mandatory Pregnancy Warning Labels on Alcoholic Beverages. (15 October 2019) Lexology.
Chloe Reichel (11 October 2019) ‘Causes’ vs. ‘contributes to’: Strong causal language on product warning labels more effective. Journalist’s Resource.
Sophie Rishworth (27 September 2019) FASD ‘one of the great crises of our time’ Gisborne Herald NZ
Yukon Government (9 September 2019) Yukon Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Action Plan released today. Link to plan here…
Public Health Agency of Canada (29 August 2019) ‘Government of Canada announces funding to help create awareness around Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder’. Project will help reduce stigma associated with FASD in Quebec.
BROCHURE NOW AVAILABLE
November 16-18 2016
The Coast Plaza Hotel and Suites
The term Developmental Disabilities (DD) refers to individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum, fetal alcohol spectrum and related genetic syndromes such as down and fragile X syndrome. Children, youth and adults with DD are vulnerable to high rates of general health and mental health concerns. This interactive 2016 conference will focus on practical strategies to optimize their potential. Our goal is to help clinicians and caregivers learn effective ways to work with individuals with DD, and their families, to improve their quality of life experience
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS/ADVANCE NOTICE
When: March 1-4, 2017
The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, BC
Advance Notice/Call for Abstracts: http://interprofessional.ubc.ca/FASD2017/AdvanceNotice.pdf
Please email: email@example.com for more information and to be put on the enquiry list
FARE Australian FASD Action Plan
The Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education has prepared an Australian FASD Action Plan in collaboration with relevant FASD organisations including the rffada. It is hoped that the Plan will form one of the recommendations of the House Standing Committee on Social Welfare and Legal Affairs Inquiry into FASD.
The latest news related to the tabling of the Australian FASD Action Plan at Parliament House on the 12th September 2012
Read the latest newsletter from the rffada. Articles include:
- Online Petition – Need to reach 1000 signatures by 13 September 2012
- New warning over alcohol
- Tracking the effects of prenatal alcohol exposure through to 9 years of age
- Professor Barry Carpenter [ABC Radio: Adelaide] Foetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Intergovernmental Committee on Drugs Working Party on FASD: Final Draft (Editors: Lucy Burns, Emma Black, and Elizabeth Elliott, August, 2009)
- Statement to the House of Representatives Inquiry into FASD(National Congress of Australia First Peoples, August 2012)
- NOFAS: Stanford Research President Advances International Research on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD)
- ‘There is no safe amount’
- Sleep Problems in Children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- Pregnancy alcohol message ignored
- Children with Foetal Alcohol more likely to end up in prison
- Although the Federal Government remains convinced that moderate to heavy alcohol is required to do damage, at least some money is trickling down
- New Techniques Yield New Info on Alcohol Related Birth Defects
- Drinking Alcohol While Pregnant Has Long-Lasting Effects In Children,
- Imaging study sheds new light on alcohol-related birth defects
- Mom warns others against drinking during pregnancy
- Health care burden and cost associated with FAS: based on official Canadian data.
- FASD Awareness Day and Melissa’s Story: Alcohol During Pregnancy
- AAP endorses statement on alcohol-related neurodevelopmental disabilities
- Recognizing Alcohol-Related Neurodevelopmental Disorder (ARND) in Primary Health Care of Children
- National Center for Victims of Crime 2012 National Conference
- Rising incidence of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome in South Africa
- Variation Noted in Pattern of Alcohol-Related Birth Defects
- 1 in 3 pregnant women in SLO County drinks alcohol in first trimester states officials
- C.A.S.E. Adoption Support Newsletter
- Reaching out to Birth Families and Parents
This is to inform you that the Alcohol and Pregnancy and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Resources for Health Professionals resources are available as hard copies and may be ordered and mailed to you (free of charge) or downloaded from our website http://www.ichr.uwa.edu.au/alcoholandpregnancy. Please pass this information and website on to your networks.